Study or Work Permits

A Canadian work permit typically requires a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), but there are a number of exemptions under the International Mobility Programs. These exemptions include work under international free trade agreements, entrepreneurs seeking to operate a business in Canada, intra-company transferees, and participants in the International Experience Canada program.

Foreign nationals who want to study in Canada for more than six months will need to apply for a student visa and provide an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution, a valid passport, proof of funds, and a letter of explanation.